HowTo: | Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app
This article is to help you install and set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smart phone. Microsoft Authenticator can be used for multiple purposes, mainly:
- Two-factor authentication: With one factor to sign in being your username and password, the other authentication factor is having the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone to approve the sign in to your account
- Phone sign-in: a type of two-factor authentication where you are able to sign in to your account without the need for your password, just your username and your mobile device
- Code generation: you can generate a one time code to sign in to any other accounts that support Microsoft Authenticator.
For this How-to we will be using Apple ios as our operating systems. However, android or any other devices should be able to follow along with relative ease. To download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app follow the steps below
- Go to your app store and in the search tab or bar enter the name of the app, Microsoft Authenticator.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app by pressing Get on ios or Install on Android. (Note: you can also send yourself a download link by going to the following page and sending yourself the link. Link to page)
- Alternatively, if you are accessing this article from your desired smart device, you can click on the links below to take you straight to the page to install Microsoft Authenticator.
Links to Install the app:
From here you can go to our article on how to set up and configure Microsoft Authenticator by either clicking this link or by finding the article under our Self Help tab in our Knowledge base