FIX: Microsoft Teams Microphone not working
The purpose of this article is to provide a potential fix on why your microphone might not be working when using Microsoft Teams.
Last Updated: 4/28/2020
Note: access for the microphone may get disabled when new updates are installed on Microsoft Teams so the steps might have to be repeated with each update if necessary.
- Click on Start and go into Settings.
- Go into the Privacy option.
- On the left side, scroll down under the App permission tab and select Microphone.
- Make sure "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" is checked on and then verify that Microsoft Teams is on the allowed list or enable Teams if it is not.
- Finally, launch Microsoft Teams and verify that the App recognizes the microphone.
- If the microphone works then you are done.
Note: In case the microphone is already enabled, Turn access off, reboot the computer and enable the microphone again using the steps above.