HowTo: | Report Suspicious Email
HOW TO:| Report Suspicious Email
Objective: The purpose of this document is to provide instructions on how to report suspicious email for analysis.
Last Updated: 02APRIL20
Before you begin: please note there are two locations where the option for reporting suspicious email will be located. Users have the option to access their email through the Outlook Web-client or Outlook Desktop-Client. To report suspicious email, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Outlook Client on your computer.
2. Under the “Home” tab, navigate to the far right and select “Report Message”.
3. Depending on the nature of the email, select either “Junk” or “Phishing” from the drop-down menu.
4. After selecting either “Junk” or “Phishing”, the user will be prompted with the options to either “report” or “don’t report”.
5. Check “Don’t show me this message again” and then select “Report”.
1. Log into Outlook utilizing www.office.com.
2. Under “Apps” select “Outlook”.
3. Select the email you wish to report.
4. Once selected within the email body, select the reporting icon image as shown below. It will be located on the far right of the email body.
5. After selecting either “Junk” or “Phishing”, you will be prompted with the options to either “report” or “don’t report”.
6. Check “Don’t show me this message again” and then select “Report”.